Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year 2020!
Traveling in 2019 delivered plenty of awesome experiences and a lot of first-time milestones in nature. We highly recommend spending time in nature whenever you can! It’s good for the soul.
Click the map below to see a larger interactive view of the route taken in the RV this year. This represents over 14,000 miles traveled just in the RV.
Search on any of these topics or just look through the blog link above to find articles of interest.
- 18 States visited, 6 of which were firsts for the us to see in the RV: Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska
- 9 National Parks this year: Badlands, Biscayne, Carlsbad Caverns, Dry Tortuga, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Mount Rainier, Olympic
- 3 National Seashores: Cape Canaveral National Seashore, Florida, Cumberland Island National Seashore, Georgia, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Florida
- 4 National Monuments: White Sands, New Mexico which recently became a National Park; Mt Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument, Washington; Vermilion Cliffs National Monument, Arizona; Waco Mammoth National Monument, Texas;
- Some of the amazing first-time nature sightings: Black Vultures eating weather stripping on cars in Everglades NP, Big Horn Sheep rutting in Badlands NP, wildflower bloom after heavy rains in Texas, Polar Bear migration, Canada, Kayaking with alligators in Central Florida, Wild Turkeys and horses on Cumberland Island National Seashore, Bison owning the road during rutting season at Badlands NP, Manatees drinking rainwater in the marina at Everglades NP
We are rested up and getting ready for another fun filled year!